The Zambezi Waterfront is situated on the northern banks of the
Zambezi River, approximately four kilometres upstream from the “Victoria
Falls” just opposite Siloka Island.
establishment is designed to attract the younger more adventurous
traveller (and of course the young at heart!) who wish to experience
the Great Zambezi River, the wonder of the Victoria Falls and its
stunning wildlife surrounds, without great expense. It is designed
to cater for all travellers, from camping to basic, good quality
Common sightings within the Mosi-O-Tunya National Park are white
rhino, giraffe, impala, zebra, wildebeest, buffalo and a wide variety
Upstream, the Waterfront complex boasts 7 thatched chalets –
3 units overlook the river with the remaining situated in cool,
shaded wooded area. The chalets each consist of 3 separate rooms
with en-suite bathroom facilities. There are 3 Executive Rooms,
4 Family Rooms, 8 Standard Rooms and 6 Riverside Rooms.
“Adventure Village” – a cluster of 3m x 3m Bow
tents built on raised platforms, each with a small deck in front
– are strategically place in the shady extensively lawned
complex away from the chalets. Each tent is equipped with 2 beds,
electric light and fan. This village accommodates 48 guests in 24
campsite is set amongst large trees in shady surroundings. Catering
for the overland or self-drive market, clients can choose from a
variety of sites accommodating 90 guests.
sites have spotlessly clean ablution facilities, comprising hot
and cold showers, basins and toilets, as well as barbeque facilities.
• There is a central dining complex with stunning views both
up and down river, where the Victoria Falls spray can be clearly
• A central dining area with open sundeck overlooking the
• A raised deck stretches out over the river with a unique
plunge pool, as well as a larger swimming pool in the campsite area.
• An open bar restaurant area, reception, travel centre and
merchandising shop completes the facilities offered.
• River cruises – breakfast, lunch or sunset.
• Game drives into the Mosi-O-Tunya National Park.
• Cultural and museum visits in and around Livingstone.
• Visits to the “Victoria Falls”.
• Adventure activities such as white water rafting, canoeing,
river boarding, elephant back rides, bungi jumping, abseiling, gorge
swings, microlighting and helicopter flights etc.. can be booked
whilst staying at The Waterfront. We can also arrange day trips
to Chobe National Park in Botswana.
• Livingstone is close to the border posts of Victoria Falls
– Zimbabwe, Kazungula – Botswana and Katima Mulilo –
• Clients can fly into either Livingstone or Victoria Falls
International Airport where they will be met and transferred by
road to the lodge which is situated approximately forty minutes
drive from the Victoria Falls Airport, including customs and immigration
formalities at both border posts. It is approximately fifteen minutes
from Livingstone Airport.
• Transfers can also be done from the Botswana border which
takes approximately 45 minutes. No transfers are done from the Namibian
border due to distance (approximately 2 hours)
• Clients may also self-drive direct to The Zambezi Waterfront.
Please always check these with your agent or nearest Safari Par
if clients’ passport details are received by Safari Par Excellence
a minimum of 72 hours prior to entry into Zambia, we will enter
these onto a manifest, which we give to the Immigration Department
and visa charges will then be exempt. If we do not receive these
details, then Safari Par Excellence will NOT be responsible for
the visa costs – these will be for the clients’ own
account. We will require the client’s full name, date of birth,
type of passport (i.e. British), passport number, date of issue
and date of expiry.
this arrangement with the Immigration Department of Zambia change
– the agent will be notified accordingly.
• Sunblock and Insect repellent.
• Malaria prophylactics.
• Personal toiletries and medical requirements.
• Torch / Flashlight.
• Binoculars, Camera, Video and film.
Travel and medical insurance is COMPULSORY for all clients. Please
ensure clients have arranged this insurance in their own country
prior to leaving so as to cover unexpected medical expenses and
loss / theft of personal effects. Please ensure clients bring the
details of their insurance policy with them. Safari Par Excellence
will not be able to cover clients should they not have insurance.
The Zambezi Waterfront is open year round.